Archive for Virtual 'Dam Everything Amsterdam... virtually !
 


       Virtual 'Dam Forum Index -> Vote for your favourite...
Rez

Favourite Coffeeshop - Haarlem

Got a favourite Haarlem Coffeeshop...?

Please place your vote in the poll.
Bhang Buddie

I'll vote a week on Saturday Bom Shiva
back2thedam

empire, gimme sum of that crystal
Boner

A few more to add to the list Rez:

WW Sinsemilla

High Times

Easy Going

Regine

Birdy
Rez

added...
Boner

You've spelt Empire wrong mate.
back2thedam

well spotted
Rez

ok, i'm going to clean the mistakes up as I've put this into a new froum ... and it's public viewable
FlyByNite

Birdy please.
Twitch

theteahouse (sp?) is one of my favs.
Boner

Twitch wrote:
theteahouse (sp?) is one of my favs.


't Theehuis

Did you know that they have the same menu as De Overkant Hortus in Amsterdam Twitch?
Twitch

No I didn't. Just know that I liked their ice-hash and felt it was nice price.
This was is 06 as they were closed when we went on Maz's Haarlem crawl.
Thanks for spelling, to lazy to look it up.
Boner

Twitch wrote:
No I didn't. Just know that I liked their ice-hash and felt it was nice price.
This was is 06 as they were closed when we went on Maz's Haarlem crawl.
Thanks for spelling, to lazy to look it up.


No worries, I went a couple of years back and thought the weed was very good quality (Jack Herrer I think) and vowed to return but never have, the wife & I plan on at least half a day in Haarlem this upcoming trip so I might just get around to going again.
milehigh

I think Birdie is a really cool shop. Have you seen their shop in Second Life? They also offer the infamous jelly hash and "Kanetter" which means sparkly in Dutch. You will find them very friendly and the prices very competitive.

I must add that only the WW shops weigh your purchase out of tuperware containers each and everytime. Everyone else is prebagged.

On the scene report from milehigh.
Boner

milehigh wrote:
I think Birdie is a really cool shop. Have you seen their shop in Second Life? They also offer the infamous jelly hash and "Kanetter" which means sparkly in Dutch. You will find them very friendly and the prices very competitive.

I must add that only the WW shops weigh your purchase out of tuperware containers each and everytime. Everyone else is prebagged.

On the scene report from milehigh.


Whats hot at the moment MH, Haarlem & Amsterdam wise?
Dr Gonzo

Well, I'll be able to tell you in June... I'm going to Haarlem... Instead of Amsterdam.... Just feel it'll be more chilled.

Booked the tickets just sorting Accom, hopefully we'll book the Indica Apt.... seems the perfect venue for a Chill.
Twitch

Will be staying at the larger Indica apt. in April. Will definetly be posting report.
Boner

Dr Gonzo wrote:
Well, I'll be able to tell you in June... I'm going to Haarlem... Instead of Amsterdam.... Just feel it'll be more chilled.

Booked the tickets just sorting Accom, hopefully we'll book the Indica Apt.... seems the perfect venue for a Chill.


I stopped in the Suite DE LANGE VEER II through these: http://www.haarlem-hotelsuites.nl/ a couple of years back, nice people to deal with and a nice place to stay if you need another option.
Dr Gonzo

Cheers.... I'm hoping we can settle on the apt.... but we'll keep that in mind.

Something about the crazyness of Amsterdam that's making me opt for Haarlem this time....   We'll probably hop on a train to Visit amsterdam for an aft.... Gotta pop in t'Nes and I'm a 420 boy at heart......
Boner

Dr Gonzo wrote:
Cheers.... I'm hoping we can settle on the apt.... but we'll keep that in mind.

Something about the crazyness of Amsterdam that's making me opt for Haarlem this time....   We'll probably hop on a train to Visit amsterdam for an aft.... Gotta pop in t'Nes and I'm a 420 boy at heart......


I know what you mean, I've stopped in Haarlem 3 times and really enjoyed the quieter pace but theres something special about Amsterdam that no other place can replicate for me.
Steve L

I love Haarlem, it is just so much more laid back, suits me fine. However, I could see it being too quiet for some, that said Amsterdam is only 20 minutes away on the train. Both the WW Indica apartments are superb home bases as are the rooms at WW Sativa and they are all great value for money too. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a more chilled out alternative to the Dam.
  With the smoking ban coming in soon I can see that apartments are going to get a lot more popular,
  Cheers,
           Steve
prepress420

Thee Huis on Smedestraat.
Wonder if they're  related to Overkant Hortus.
Boner

prepress420 wrote:
Thee Huis on Smedestraat.
Wonder if they're  related to Overkant Hortus.


Yep owned by the same people.
SlyCrayon

Hemp City

Haarlem is older than Amsterdam. I get a dagkaart for my bicycle and take it along on the train to Haarlem. It is beautiful to bicycle along the waterways. Instead of bicycling from Amsterdam, consider bicycling from Haarlem to the shore at Bloemendaal aan zee.  
BigRigRob

Sounds like I need to spend more time in Haarlem next time.
cantona

only one iv been to is the willy wortels by haarlem station. was good.
SlyCrayon

Haarlem

Willie Wortel's Sativa is the one by the station, out the front, to the right. Indica is across the river from the Adriaan windmill, near the bridge. From the station go straight and left to the river, but don't cross the river. It's about a ten minute walk. Sinsemilla is on the other side of town (I need a map and a compass, because the river curves and I'm stoned), but well worth the trip as their menu is a bit different from the other Wortel's. Theehuis is tiny, but have good specials. Most smaller towns I've visited don't have as many coffeeshops to choose from, and the quality is excellent. Haarlem is very pleasant; quaint and interesting to bicycle.
BigRigRob

I've only been to Indica & Sativa, I 'rekon I need to notice more.
I did find the steakhouse by the HUGE Church, but they were closed.
SlyCrayon

travel is educational

The fun part of travel is never accomplishing everything all in one trip. I was in Haarlem ten days, with a couple maps and a compass, and still didn't see everything on the list. Of course, staying over a coffeeshop might have had something to do with that.

To Do: Global Hemp Museum, Spaarne 94

Wilma & Albert's: arguably the best steak in the Netherlands. Haarlem is better on a bicycle, because when Sly have had to circle Sint Bavo three times to find things, it was faster.

We are also partial to Nachtwacht on Thorbeckeplein (AMS) and would not hesitate to recommend Cafe de Klos, Kerkstraat 41-43. It is meat and right so to do.
BigRigRob

That's it, Wilma & Alberts.  
Boner

Re: travel is educational

SlyCrayon wrote:
Wilma & Albert's: arguably the best steak in the Netherlands.


I love W&A and if I'm in Haarlem I always go but La Brasa (Haarlemmerdijk 16) and Cafe De Klos (Lange Leidsedwarsstraat) can give them a run for their money.

       Virtual 'Dam Forum Index -> Vote for your favourite...
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum