Archive for Virtual 'Dam Everything Amsterdam... virtually !
 


       Virtual 'Dam Forum Index -> Coffeeshop & Cannabis Reviews / Coffeeshop Menus photos
kiwi_in_oz

repost from channels - general pot chitchat and Q's

I see there are a few new model vapourizers on the market and a couple portable ones too. Any one tried one of them? The health benefits certainly appeals to me. Do people that have them still have a bong or j every now and again or are you vapour only lads? I tried a volcano last trip and found it fun but always seem to go back to the pipe or bong

How do you see the coffee shop market in a few years time? for the better or worse. There seems to be a trend for larger chains and less coffee shops. Hopefully this will not lead to less choice for the consumer in the end.

There also seems to be a large upward trend for prices esp for some of the higher end hash. Is this a premium product at its right price or a tourist rippoff? I know I couldnt help myself last time but try some top end dutch moonshine and barney rubble but it really wasnt that much better than a good 25e a gram ice hash. I see a gram of pot for 15e these days as well. Do you think the higher prices mean the grower is getting more and therefore can afford to spend more time and care or is the coffee shop owner making a killing? I didnt see too many owners driving around in a ferrari

Do you think other countries will adopt the dutch model for pot ? Personally I hope its a nice warm country that goes the coffee shop way.


Anyhow just a few questions to kick start some pot related chat.

Cheers
Twitch

I have owned a Volcano for almost three years. Use it more than any other devise.
Some of the factors other than health are;
No smell in the house, no more burned clothing or furniture and use less weed in the long run.
Am also concerned about pricing increases and shops turning into chains.
Spain does seem to be trying to adopt the Dutch model, but some times I feel like we're going backwards and the Dutch model may be dying out.
Any way, that's an attempt to input my feelings.
cheese

i have had a volcano for about three years as well !! and i still love it, i dont use it as often as i did when i first got it, but i still bust it out once and a while...  i always still smoked bongs, j , pipes whatever.. i switch it up daily.. variety is the spice of life... and some strains i prefer smoking in different methods..


i sure hope the coffeeshops dont go away anytime soon.. i have just started to fall in love with the city and would hate for much more to change for the worst. i wasnt fortunate enough to experience the 'good ol days' LOL .. but i think i would have fit right in.

about the prices.. i have found that alot of the best ones arent ALWAYS at the top.. some are.. but not all.. as far as hash.. i would prefer a nice import hash anyday .. the ice hash IMO is nowhere near as tasty... and for the price its just not worth it.. i normally get like 1 or 2 grams of it just to try out.. but its not something i would need to buy, if money was tight i wouldnt even think of getting it.

i dont really know what to say for this question, but i do think the world would benefit greatly if they adopted some of the laws and regulations that the dutch have in place...
Boner

I've tried a few differant types of Vaporizers and the Volcano is the best.

I've been saying for a while about the coffeeshops becoming chains, Barneys, Greenhouse, Dampkring are all classed as quality coffeeshops but I think a lot of the independant shops are better for everything from the service to the quality of the goods.

No I can't see many countries following the Dutch's example, if anything I think Amsterdam will change a hell of a lot over the next 10 years and not for the better either.
cantona

i have a vape..not a volcano but a natural goods digital model..whip based. i still use my bongs alot nd also skin up on the occasional evening. the best thing about ownng a whip based vape and a glass on glass bong is you can get an adaptor to put in your bong and have a vaporbong. doesn't make much of a diffrence except to those like me who just LOVE taking bong rips.


i very much hope the coffeeshop scene in the netherlands isn't going to fall off. Even if i stop smoking its nice to know that one can fly to amsterdam and secretly toke. Also id like the next gen to be able to enjoy the same Amsterdam that I have been able to.
RobOG

Love my 'Cano. Empty for weeks now.
Best nip to Amnesia in the morning....


Prices have gone up a long way in the 20 years I've been going - but houses have gone up more.
Of course there are tourist rip-offs - but most of us are tourists.
And more chains - but some wonderful independents. Beats the living crap out of prohibition, though.
mazdog

I too have a Volcano and love it. Use it daily, but also have a couple bongs and pipes that i use regularly as well.  My routine dictates what i use, when i get home i go mess around on the computer in my 'office' where i have the bongs/pipes. Then i usually migrate down to the 'living room' and fire up the TV and the Volcano. I'm too lazy to move the Volcano around all the time so it basically lives in the 'living room'.

I think it really hard to say what will become of the coffeeshop scene.....i never got to experience to 'old' Amsterdam that i read so much about, and the current govt sure sounds like they want to decrease the 'scene' sooooo hard to say, really could go either way. IMO, chain shops are not an improvement at all, but if that is all there is, it would beokay with me. I don't think it will ever be completely wiped out.

Prices will definitely continue to climb, hopefully they will climb slower, but until there is some serious competition (ie another country with a better coffeeshop scene) price will climb. The high end stuff is definitely overpriced in comparison, some of it is really good, but not that much better. Not sure who exactly is making all that money but someone is definitely living the good life.

I hear good thing about Spain, they seem to be the only country that is really moving in a positive direction. Canada was looking really good until this latest round of govt officials got into office. Then there is always Jamaica. A co-worker spent the holidays down there and said that herb was plentiful and pretty damn good, and no one really seemed to care about it. Now if only the govt would realize that they could make enough money from legal coffeshops to outweigh the funding they would lose from countries like the US.

good thread!
cheese

mazdog wrote:


good thread!


i thought so too... i wanted to respond on channels.. but this thread got blown to shit over there
Twitch

cheese wrote:
mazdog wrote:


good thread!


i thought so too... i wanted to respond on channels.. but this thread got blown to shit over there


Now there's a surprise.
Rez

Re: repost from channels - general pot chitchat and Q's

kiwi_in_oz wrote:
I see there are a few new model vapourizers on the market and a couple portable ones too. Any one tried one of them? The health benefits certainly appeals to me. Do people that have them still have a bong or j every now and again or are you vapour only lads? I tried a volcano last trip and found it fun but always seem to go back to the pipe or bong

I don't own a vapo but have used the Volcano both here in the UK and in 'Dam... I haven't enough experience to say about the health issues but it must be better for you... however, I do very much like to smoke a joint, a pipe and occasionally a bong... I have a Sheesha/Hookah which give a super cool complete lung-full of smoke and man that hits hard... we're talking an hour of comastosis... I don't smoke tobacco so using a pipe is my favourite method... closely followed by a pure gram joint - with devastating after effects too...

kiwi_in_oz wrote:
How do you see the coffee shop market in a few years time? for the better or worse. There seems to be a trend for larger chains and less coffee shops. Hopefully this will not lead to less choice for the consumer in the end.

I also see it going downhill... I've only been visiting 'Dam for a few years so don't have that much experience... most reports suggest the coffeeshop culture has a limited lifespan...

kiwi_in_oz wrote:
There also seems to be a large upward trend for prices esp for some of the higher end hash. Is this a premium product at its right price or a tourist rippoff? I know I couldnt help myself last time but try some top end dutch moonshine and barney rubble but it really wasnt that much better than a good 25e a gram ice hash. I see a gram of pot for 15e these days as well. Do you think the higher prices mean the grower is getting more and therefore can afford to spend more time and care or is the coffee shop owner making a killing? I didnt see too many owners driving around in a ferrari

I've not yet tried these top end ices/hash/kiffs but am seriously thinking about it for my next trip... less is more regarding quantity... but not if we're talking 40/g ... I'd rather blaze some weed...

kiwi_in_oz wrote:
Do you think other countries will adopt the dutch model for pot ? Personally I hope its a nice warm country that goes the coffee shop way.

I hope the culture is adopted elsewhere... toking it up in Spain would be nice... the only downside to that is all the freaking Brits out there...  

Good thread... Good Karma  

peace
Twitch

Direct quote from Rez

I hope the culture is adopted elsewhere... toking it up in Spain would be nice... the only downside to that is all the freaking Brits out there...

Good thread... Good Karma


ROFLMAO

   
travelling high

Twitch wrote:
Direct quote from Rez

I hope the culture is adopted elsewhere... toking it up in Spain would be nice... the only downside to that is all the freaking Brits out there...  

Good thread... Good Karma  


ROFLMAO

   
LOL..I thought that was funny aswell..Don't worry most American's aren't much better out there in the World..
Rez

Twitch, have you been ? yes there are some beautiful parts but "we" have spoilt it in other parts...

regarding vaping, I don't know what it is... I did get very high when vaping but the thickness of a lung full of pure weed smoke just seemed to hit me harder, fuller... I dunno, just more densely...  
Twitch

Rez wrote:
Twitch, have you been ? yes there are some beautiful parts but "we" have spoilt it in other parts...

regarding vaping, I don't know what it is... I did get very high when vaping but the thickness of a lung full of pure weed smoke just seemed to hit me harder, fuller... I dunno, just more densely...


Have never been there, would like to, prob. will.
If you really wanted to know how vaping works read my thread...
http://virtualdam.myfreeforum.org/about742.html&highlight=
Rez

Twitch wrote:
If you really wanted to know how vaping works read my thread...
http://virtualdam.myfreeforum.org/about742.html&highlight=

will have a look at that when a little more time...

and to you, "good thread" ... good karma  
Boner

I went to Barcelona (a City that hasn't been ruined by the Brits) and I hated it, the Spanish are a very arrogant lot and very rude to boot, I treat people how I like to be treated and still copped a load of crap off them, I wont ever return even if Spain became the new Holland.
kiwi_in_oz

cantona wrote:
i have a vape..not a volcano but a natural goods digital model..whip based. i still use my bongs alot nd also skin up on the occasional evening. the best thing about ownng a whip based vape and a glass on glass bong is you can get an adaptor to put in your bong and have a vaporbong. doesn't make much of a diffrence except to those like me who just LOVE taking bong rips.


i very much hope the coffeeshop scene in the netherlands isn't going to fall off. Even if i stop smoking its nice to know that one can fly to amsterdam and secretly toke. Also id like the next gen to be able to enjoy the same Amsterdam that I have been able to.


Personally I think the amsterdam scene will survive and get larger by number of shop visitors.  It may not get better but more mass

As the world gets tired of its meth and pills its only natural the herb will have a big up take to its already large numbers.  

I also agree other than spain and the West Indies there doesnt seem to be much hope for a large international coffeeshop scene.  

I went to the dam with my old man when I was in my early twenties will do the same one day if I have a kid
kiwi_in_oz

Rez wrote:

regarding vaping, I don't know what it is... I did get very high when vaping but the thickness of a lung full of pure weed smoke just seemed to hit me harder, fuller... I dunno, just more densely...  


Yes thats pretty much sums it up for me as well.  I still plan on getting one hopefully this trip.  The bag is a nice party gimmick too
Optimo

Quote:
most reports suggest the coffeeshop culture has a limited lifespan...
Weren't CS established in A'dam to control the "problem"? Are you suggesting that they might cease to be permitted?
shady

everyone here is talking about spain, but I dont see any facts that could give me the feeling that coffeeshops could pop up there in time.....you can read about their cannabis-clubs but nothing like the CS in holland where everyone of an age of 18 can go to. or do i only have the wrong information?
SlyCrayon

Consider that Spain is a Catholic country; I think weed activities will be done very covertly. It would be a big suprise to me if the government ever decriminalised. At the same time, I hear they have much more slack attitudes about airport security, so I expect their enforcement level is not the same as France, for example.

Have never been there, but heard that the Canary Islands are very cool, weed-friendly.

I was not impressed with Barcelona a decade or so ago, except for the churros and chocolate. Found it hard to find a place in the city apart from other people to toke a joint I had brought. I don't "look" Spanish and don't really enjoy being targeted as a tourist, strangers panhandling, haggling with hotels, etc. I like countries with clean toilets on the trains...

There were exceptions, nice  people speaking in a friendly manner in a public place occasionally, but the Nederlanders seem to be the most tourist friendly overall population in Western Europe. Still have to mind my behaviour outside Amsterdam--there are other areas which are much more conservative; it is not cool to smoke a joint outside everywhere.

Whatever happened with Switzerland? They had growers and stuff, heard it was liberal some years past, but they seem to have tightened up. Also trop cher, an expensive destination.

       Virtual 'Dam Forum Index -> Coffeeshop & Cannabis Reviews / Coffeeshop Menus photos
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum